Directions + Venue

IMG_0606

The Hedge House Lawn features free acoustic, coffeehouse-style concerts in an intimate setting overlooking Plymouth Harbor. There’s no stage – all the performers play right on the grass – and it’s a great place to take your whole family, spread out a blanket, and enjoy food or ice cream while taking in some great music. Use of the lawn is generously donated by the Plymouth Antiquarian Society.

> Take a tour of the 1809 Hedge House, Wed-Sun, 2-6pm during the summer!

Parking: adjacent Visitor Info Center/Sun Dynasty parking lot, $.50/hr, free after 7pm; public restrooms at the Visitor Information Center (130 Water St.) until 8pm. Dining: Located right near many fine restaurants and ice cream shops.

DIRECTIONS to Hedge House, 126 Water St.: Get off Route 3 (south exit 6A; north, exit 6) onto 44 east. Follow 44 east to the jct. of 44 and 3A. Go straight through the lights and follow Park Ave. to the rotary. Go 1/4 around the rotary and turn right into the Visitor Information Center parking lot. The Hedge House is a large yellow house with a big lawn in front of it next door.

Inclement weather: In the event rain, all concerts are subject to cancellation or postponement. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute information.

Venue rules: Please respect the guidelines posted by our gracious hosts, the Plymouth Antiquarian society – smoking, alcohol and pets are prohibited; please carry out all trash.


hedge-c1954

The Hedge House, circa 1954.

About the 1809 Hedge House
We’re very fortunate to be able to hold our concerts on the beautiful lawn of the 1809 Hedge House. The Hedge House has a very interesting story behind it – it was first built by sea captain William Hammatt in 1809, then in 1830 when Thomas Hedge purchased the home. It remained in the Hedge family until 1919 when it was purchased by the Antiquarian Society to save it from being destroyed to build Plymouth Memorial Hall. It was actually moved from where Memorial Hall is now, to its present location. The lawn that is now home to the Acoustic Nights Concert Series was once the location of a factory and train depot, part of Plymouth’s bustling industrial seaport in the 19th century.